- The reputation of the humble Jackfruit has increased in popularity in the vegan community! Biona Organic jackfruit is a source of fibre and vitamins in salted water. In terms of culinary, this tropical fruit is endlessly versatile. Ideal to use in meals to replace meat/pork. Can be used in tacos, burgers and stew for a fantastic flavour and texture
- Vegan friendly
- Includes Jackfruit, water, sea salt, and lime juice
- Drain and rinse – It's a good idea to wash out the brine from jackfruit that's been carefully preserved in gently salted water so you can adjust the salt level in your dish.
- Core and cut – Cut the portions in half and remove the woody core (just slice it off).
- Should I de-seed or should I not de-seed? – Although the seeds are edible, some people prefer to remove them now for a more convincing meat alternative.
- Marinade - For at least 30 minutes, boost the fruit's neutral flavour with your favourite spices and sauces.
- Cook – You can either sauté or grill/barbeque your marinated jackfruit before shredding it. Cutlets can be made from the pieces, or they can be used in stews, curries, and stir fries. In a slow cooker, jackfruit is also delicious.
- Cooking time — The longer you cook the jackfruit, the more tender (and flavorful) it will become.
Napa Cabbage*(26%), White Cabbage*, Carrots*, Water, Radish*, Onions*, Tomatoes* (from concentrate), Sea salt, Ginger*, Bell Pepper*, Chilli* (<1%), garlic* (<1%) * = Certified Organic Ingredients
Please refer to our Mixing Instructions Guide for charts and more!
|Typical Values||Per 100 g|
|of which Saturates||0 g|
|of which Sugars||0 g|
|Net Carb||13.5 g|