Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
This Vegan Chocolate Caramel Popcorn is super tasty and it is a great snack option - especially when you’re craving something sweet. These popcorns are covered in salted caramel and they are super crispy and crunchy - just like we want it.
For the popcorn
- 75g (1/3 cup) popcorn kernels
For the caramel
- 100g (1/2 cup) coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Lucy Bee's Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 heaping tsp salt
For the chocolate drizzle
- 90g (1/2 cup) dairy-free Montezuma's 74% Cocoa Giant Dark Chocolate Buttons
- Pour popcorn kernels on a warm large pan with a lid over medium heat. Move popcorn kernels around frequently by slowly moving the pan and wait for those popcorn kernels to pop! Remove from heat when popping stops.
- Preheat oven to 300 F / 150 C.
- Add the coconut sugar and water to a separate small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves and it starts to bubble.
- Remove from the heat, add coconut oil, tahini and salt, and stir until smooth.
- Pour the caramel on popcorn kernels. Stir until coated well.
- Pour onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 15 mins until crunchy.
- Melt the chocolate chips and pour over the popcorn.
- Put the tray in the fridge until chocolate hardens. If you’re in a rush, you can freeze it for 10 mins as well.
That’s it - time to enjoy your highly addictive Vegan Chocolate Caramel Popcorn!
Dietary Information: Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-free
Click here to discover many more snacks, cooking ingredients and supplements based on your dietary preferences!
We would love to hear what you think of this recipe so feel free to drop us a message or comment below! If you ever get the chance to make this delicious Vegan Chocolate Caramel Popcorn, don’t forget to tag us to receive your unique discount code!
Just before you go, don't forget to check out the Vegan Chocolate Caramel Popcorn recipe video on our 50,000+ viewed YouTube channel below!