Cooking time: 10 mins
Have you ever tried Maca Powder? Maca is a natural and powerful superfood that has a significant number of health benefits! With this easy Maca Hummus recipe, you can enjoy the amazing taste of Maca Powder in your favourite hummus flavour.
Maca increases the nutritional value of hummus and gives an amazing taste. This unique combination of Maca Powder and Hummus is sure to be a hit in your lunchboxes, as a healthy afternoon snack or as a lovely side dish! Why not give this delicious snack a try?
‘Maca is an ancient Peruvian root that Incan warriors were said to have consumed for stamina and endurance. It is high in fibre and has a rich, malty flavour that combines well with cacao. It grows high in the Peruvian Andes and is able to survive during extreme weather conditions.’ - Green Origin’s
- 2 tbsp Green Origin’s Organic Maca Powder (Raw)
- 2 cups of chickpeas (canned, drained)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Mr. Organic’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of green olives (halved)
- Slice some bread and put it in the oven at 180C for 5 mins until it becomes crispy
- Mix the chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini and water in a food processor - process until it becomes smooth
- Top with halved olives or serve with vegetable sticks
Optional: Top with some paprika and cumin for some spice
Dietary Information: Vegan, Vegetarian, High Fibre, High in Vitamin B6, High Potassium, Source of Protein
We would love to hear what you think of this recipe so feel free to drop us a message or comment below! If you ever get the chance to make them on your own, don’t forget to share a picture with us!
Just before you go, don't forget to check out the 3-Step Maca Hummus recipe video below and subscribe to our 50,000+ viewed YouTube channel!